Lightning Warning & Alert Systems
PREVENTIVE ACTION AGAINST LIGHTNING STORMS
• Singapore is an island country which is prone to lightning strikes all year round. With her location laying near the Equator, the weather here is hot and humid which create a condition that is favourable for lightning and thunderstorm clouds. Therefore, lightning warning systems are widely used in Singapore. With an average of 168 thunderstorm days per year this make Singapore one of the highest lightnings occurrence in the world.
• Preventive protection means having information in advance (from a storm detector) that allows the user to start temporary preventive measures before the storm begins. These measures will be deactivated after the storm.
• Preventive protection will be complementary to an installed Lightning Protection System (LPS) in certain situations, while in others it will be sufficient to act alone.
• There are different types of lightning warning systems in the market. It is important for users to select the right type of lightning warning system to achieve the desired purpose.
4 Phases Of Lightning Storm
Class A detector:Phase 1-4
Class A detector is based on measuring E-field which can monitor the lightning from its formation until its dissipation.
Class B detector:Phase 2-4
Class B detector is based on detecting electromagnetic wave generated by lightning strikes, which is suitable to monitor nearby or approaching lightnings and give warnings.
Khind Systems provides Class A, Class B and Combined A & B lightning warning solutions for open fields, roof gardens, swimming pools, work sites, playgrounds, etc. Our systems can be customized to send out the warning message by SMS, email, Public Addressing system, siren and strobe light.
Khind Lightning Warning System
Khind Systems provides lightning warning systems with high accuracy local sensor and also incorporate our solution with NEA lightning monitor system. We provide all automated solution using SMS, siren, strobe light, etc to help clients minimize manpower consumption. Our lightning warning systems can fully comply to BCA requirements and SS555:2018.
BENEFITS OF AUTOMATED OPERATION
- Long-terms cost saving over the manual system by reducing man-power for manning the hand phone and saving in management cost.
- Reduce OM hassle to carry out his responsibility.
- Reduce personnel work interruption.
- Instant response to alert compare to manual system.
- More reliable, less human mistake.
- Connect up to maximum 5 Strobe Light & 5 Siren.
- Strobe light turn ON for the entire alert period.
- Siren turn ON for duration is adjustable (0~10 seconds).
- Daily start and stop response time adjustable.
- Controller buzzer volume control.
- LCD display: for in-coming SMS messages.
- System using low voltage (DC24) – Intrinsically safe.