Lightning Protection System
Khind Systems is a leader in the design and supply of earthing and lightning protection systems. Combining over 30 years’ technical expertise with an enviable reputation for innovation, quality and service, Khind is uniquely placed to provide a ‘Total Solution’ to all your earthing, lightning and transient overvoltage protection needs.
Lightning Protection Solutions
- Team of experienced engineers
- Engineered designs to meet client specifications
- Risk assessment complying to latest standards
Soil Resistivity Surveys
- Experienced surveyors
- Key to creating effective earthing system
- Multiple readings taken to ensure safe and accurate designs
Analysis & Earthing Design
- Latest CDEGS software to optimize designs
- Range of detailed reports to clients requirements
Earth Resistance Testing
- Verification of earthing design through measurement
- Experienced team of engineers with full understanding of electrode testing
Structural Lightning Protection
Electronic Systems Protection
Air Termination Systems
Lightning Protection Conductors
Lightning Conductor clips, Clamps & Holdfasts
Lightning Bimetallic Connection Components
Lightning Conductor Network
Clamps for Lightning Tapes
Fixing for Lightning Tapes
Earth Rod Clamp
Solid Copper Earth Plate
Lattice Copper Earth Plate
Polymer Earth Pit
Concrete Earth Pit
Earth Rod Seals
Earth Bars & Earth Boss
Earth Inspection Pits
Earth Rod Clamps
In order for us to design a structural and/or transient overvoltage lightning protection system, we need the following information:
- Design standard, e.g. SS555, IEC/BS EN 62305, NFPA 780, etc.
- A dimensioned roof plan and external elevations.
- Construction details, e.g. steelwork, reinforced concrete, roofing materials, etc.
- A single line diagram indicating voltage and current for each electrical system, e.g. power, data, telephones, fire alarms, CCTV.
- Details of essential equipment, e.g. network servers, PLC controllers.
To design a power earth electrode system, we need the following information:
- Design standard, e.g. BS 7430, BS 7354, Ansi IEEE Std 80, ENA TS 41-24, etc.
- A dimensioned site plan and overall electrical single line diagram
- Soil resistivity survey results
- Earth fault current magnitude (due consideration should be given to the proportion of current flowing through cable sheaths or the aerial earth wires of overhead transmission lines)
- Earth fault current duration
KHIND HVIT Lightning Conductor
A combination of Furse 25x3mm Copper tape insulated with Raychem Busbar Insulation Tubing, it is used as a down conductor of Lightning Protection System to provide high conductivity and high insulation of 100kV, 1.2/50μs.
Tested to IEC EN 62561‐8: 2018, “Lightning Protection System Components (LPSC) ‐ Part 8: Requirements for Components for Isolated Lightning Protection System”.
Customer Site Surveys
Site surveys fully complement our in-house design services. Through collation of all relevant information from a site, including soil resistivity measurements and earthing analysis, our engineers can produce bespoke earthing designs complete with drawings, calculations, and a detailed report, along with a structural lightning protection system if required.
The Benefits Coming To Khind
There are many benefits of coming to Furse for earthing, lightning and electronic systems protection designs, including:
Professional advice from a full qualified technical team
Designs that comply with all relevant standards
Our responsibility for providing a design that is safe
Experience and the software to provide an ‘optimum’ design
Manufacturing experience & expertise
Engineers who actively participate in the development of National and International standards